Saturday, April 12, 2014

Losing weight is easy...said no one!




It's been a while since my last post, so here's a little update.  I have lost 10 lbs! Yay for me!  I am super proud of myself.  I'm losing weight for myself,  I want to have more energy and to be more active with my kids.

Since my last post, my office as moved buildings.  Instead of getting a parking spot at this new place, at triple the price I might add, I've decided to park at my old building and walk the 17-20 minutes every morning and night.  It's actually been easier than I thought.  I am leaving the house earlier and getting home later, but it also means that if I don't have to exercise once I'm home.  This office move also brought me closer to a good friend of mine who works in the building next door.  We've been going on 40-50 minutes walks at lunch.  I am feeling better & more energized!  Along with the 'My Fitness Pal' app that I use daily, I've also been using 'Map My Walk'.  This app will analyse my walk and tell me how many km I walked, how many calories I've lost and how long it took, but best of all, it synchronizes the walk information to 'My Fitness Pal'.  It's great!

I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to create a new habit.  I'm starting to believe it, going into my app to enter my data daily is now second nature.

It takes a lot of work & dedication, but I feel like I can do it!

I had a birthday a few weeks ago and with my birthday money I'm planning on getting the Fitbit One tracker.  Love that it monitors my steps, distance, calories burned and especially my sleep pattern.  Do you have a Fitbit? Do you like it?

Christine / @marlchr

** Disclosure:  I was not financially compensated for this post.  The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience.

Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment