Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I'm going to the Bahamas....for FREE!



I 'radio surf' a lot, but lately my station of choice for the past few months has been 105.3 KISS FM.  They had a contest going on to win 1 of 5 trips to the Bahamas.  When you heard the 'cue to call' you had to be 1 of 5 qualifiers to be entered into that weeks draw.  I heard the cue often during the five weeks the contest ran, but hadn't been able to qualify. My luck changed a little when on February 5th, I heard ringing! Yes! I was qualifier #3!  I was seriously excited to have just qualified, not easy when many people are trying to at the same time!  My boss and I joked a little and she said, 'make sure you have enough vacation leave or I won't approve your time off' & I replied, 'of course, I have enough leave, I've been saving 'my one time leave entitlement' for just this reason, so that when I win a trip, I'll be fine!'

On February 7th I got a call that made my day!  I remember it like it was yesterday.  It was a regular Friday, but I had a feeling that today was going to be a good day, boy was I ever right!

I started off my day as usual.  Getting up and getting ready for work while the rest of my family slept on.  I was at work by 6 h 30, yup, I start early, but it's my choice and it works well for my family & I.  I was at work, minding my own business, doing my things when at 7 h 53 my cell phone rings and the screen says 'KISS FM'.  To say I was in shock is an understatement.  I answered and said: 'Helloooooo', well, it was Carter & Sandra from the morning show!  I don't think I was able to carry a decent conversation with them and add the fact that I had actually lost my voice due to a cold didn't help things.  We chatted for a few minutes.  The whole time I'm shaking like a leaf! I was asked not to post anything on social media until the official announcement was made on the radio.  I tried reaching my husband, but he was on his way to drop off the kids to school & as usual, he didn't have cell phone with him.  I'm bursting with wanting to share my good news, so I sent texts to a few friends and talked with colleagues at work.  I was finally able to reach him an hour later.  When I told him the news, he thought I was joking, he finally realized that it's the truth and that we are going to the Bahamas!



We will be taking our trip end of November/beginning of December.  Still sorting out where the kids will be staying & organizing them.  We can't wait to go!  We've never been to a resort before and we are looking forward to this trip.  We will be staying at the Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island (http://www.sandals.com/main/bahamian/ba-home/).

Have you been to the Bahamas?  We are thinking of going into Nassau to visit the market at some point during our stay & possibly doing some excursions.  What else do you suggest?

Thank you KISS FM for making this bucket list wish item come true!

Christine / @marlchr

** Disclosure:  I was not financially compensated for this post.  The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience.

Image Courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net




No comments:

Post a Comment