Monday, April 14, 2014

21-Day Meditation Experience, Finding Your Flow



I'm all about learning & trying new things that I feel 'safe' to do,  so when I saw a post from Oprah & Deepak Chopra about a meditation experience, I decided why not!  I need to learn to let go of things and concentrate on my well being.  I've never been able to meditate properly, so hoping experience will help go well.

I have seen Deepak speak at one of the Power Within conference that I attended.  I remember leaving the conference full of energy and a lighter heart, ready to face the world.  And of course, everyone knows Oprah!

Today is the first day of the 21-Day Meditation Experience, Finding Your flow.  Today's theme is 'Finding Security'.

Before starting the 20 minute audio, I made sure that I had no distractions (kids in bed and staying in bed!), I dimmed the lights, made sure I was comfortable.

The audio starts with Oprah, sharing her thoughts and telling us a little about our journey with meditation, then it's Deepak's turn. There's soothing music in the background as Deepak speaks.  In hindsight, it would have been better to this before starting my day, but in my case, it's pretty hard to do since I'm out of the house by 5:30 am.  I will keep in mind tonight's centering thought of 'My security and peace are within' during the day tomorrow.  Even though my mind wandered a bit during this first time meditating, I was able to re-focus but by repeating the mantras, Lam & I am security.  I am feeling happy to have undertaken a new adventure.  

If you would like to try this or for more information, please go to: https://chopracentermeditation.com/

If you try it, I hope you'll share your experience with me along with any suggestions you may have.

Have a good night everyone :)

Christine / @marlchr

** Disclosure:  I was not financially compensated for this post.  The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment