Friday, February 28, 2014

Introduction


Who am I?

I was born and raised in Ottawa.  

I am a busy mom of two wonderful kids! I have a 12 year old son, 'A' and a 9 year old daughter, 'M'.  They keep me busy, entertained and sometimes drive me nuts, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I'm a TV junkie! In August 2013, my family and I got rid of our cable.  We found that we weren't watching much TV.  Between Netflix and online streaming, we are hardly missing cable!  No TV withdrawal for this girl ;)  We did find a bit hard during the Olympics and for watching hockey games, but other than that we've adapted.  Some of my favorite shows include Parenthood, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, The Vampire Dairies, Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and many, many more!  

I love taking pictures! I like taking pictures of my kid, family, nature or just random things.  Yes, I take pictures of food and drinks at times, but really, who doesn't?!

I also love to read.  For the second year, I'm participating in the 50 Book Pledge Challenge (http://www.50bookpledge.ca/).  I really like having a virtual bookshelves of the books I have read and of the ones I want to read.  Very easy to manage.  Last year I read 68 books, this year, I'm hoping to reach my goal of 75 books.

I'd like to think I'm a good friend.  Believe it or not, but most of my close friends are the ones I made while I was in high school.  We've known each other for over 20 years!  I think that's pretty amazing. We keep in touch via Facebook and Twitter and try to see each other a few times a year. 

Well, this is me!  

Christine / @marlchr

No comments:

Post a Comment